A shapely, perky derriere is an asset to your physique. A Brazilian butt lift uses specialized fat grafting techniques to remove excess fat from the abdomen, lower back, hips, or thighs, and transfer it to augment and enhance the buttocks. This procedure can not only create a more prominent and shapelier rear end, it can also improve the proportions of the entire lower body.
What is a Brazilian butt lift?
A Brazilian butt lift is a fat transfer procedure to enhance the size and shape of the buttocks,
while sculpting the lower body in the process. In a three-step procedure:
- It uses liposuction to extract excess fat from donor areas, slimming and shaping the lower
body to further enhance your curves.
- The harvested fat is processed and purified.
- The fat is strategically injected into multiple areas of the buttocks to add volume and
create a more pleasing shape.
- Purpose: A Brazilian butt lift is a fat transfer procedure to enhance the size and shape of the buttocks, while sculpting the lower body in the process.
- Anesthesia: Our Brazilian butt lift is typically performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation with local anesthesia.
Why choose Dr. Smith?
Dr. Darren Smith has unparalleled training that produces superlative results. He is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has completed fellowships in both aesthetic plastic surgery and craniofacial surgery.
He has the experience to assess patients from a unique perspective, thereby generating outstanding outcomes.
At Dr. Smith’s practice, he focuses on providing the highest level of service and care, in a luxurious, discreet, comfortable environment, employing advanced patient safety protocols, personalized aftercare, and exceptional results.
What Makes Brazillian Buttock Lift (BBL) by Dr. Darren Smith Unique?
Many BBL surgeons advance the goal of transferring as much fat to the buttocks as possible for the largest possible result. Dr. Smith does not believe that bigger is always better when it comes to buttock aesthetics. Instead, Dr. Smith designs each Brazillian buttock lift to complement the proportions of the individual patient’s anatomy and to realize each patient’s aesthetic ideal. Dr. Smith offers advanced 3D imaging and simulation so that you and he can clearly communicate and design the perfect procedure for your individual case.
The Fat Harvested is Your Own:
Like we mentioned above, all of the fat Dr. Smith will transfer will be your own. The fat is removed from the places where your fatty tissue is thicker and contains healthy fat deposits. This technique is likely so successful thanks to the natural look and feel it offers patients. Once the additional fat is removed, it’s then purified in a sterile environment before being transferred back into your buttocks. The fat will be deposited in a natural manner to replicate how normal body fat is dispersed.
Your Surgeon Must Transplant Harvested Fat the Right Way:
In any fat transfer procedure, it is possible that a touch-up may be required since not all of the fat cells transplanted will “take.” To minimize the loss of fat cells transferred as part of a BBL, Dr. Smith takes great care to exercise meticulous technique. One example includes Dr. Smith’s ensuring that only small amounts of fat are deposited in each of many “passes” or injections, maximizing the contact between the transplanted fat cells and the surrounding tissues they rely on for blood supply. Additionally, Dr. Smith takes great care to avoid placing the transplanted fat under too much pressure, as high pressure can kill fat cells.
What can I expect in a Brazilian butt lift procedure?
Our Brazilian butt lift is typically performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation with local anesthesia.
- First, liposuction is performed to harvest fat from the lower back, hips, thighs, abdomen, or other areas.
- Next, the extracted fat is processed and prepared for transfer.
- Finally, Dr. Smith will inject fat into specific areas of the buttocks to improve shape and increase volume and projection.
A portion of the transferred fat cells may fail to survive and be absorbed by the body. For this reason, Dr. Smith may inject a slightly greater amount of fat into the buttocks than is needed initially to help create the desired final result.
What is recovery like after the Brazilian butt lift?
- Pain and discomfort after a Brazilian butt lift are typically minimal and easily controlled with medications.
- After the initial two-week recovery period, you may be asked to use a “donut pillow” or place a pillow under your thighs to avoid pressure on the buttocks while sitting for another several weeks.
- It is important to avoid sitting or lying directly on the buttocks for approximately two weeks after the procedure. You will need to sleep on your side or stomach and perform all activities either standing or lying on your stomach or side during this time.
- You should be able to resume light activities within one week after surgery and return to work within 10 to 14 days.
Fat Transfer to Buttocks Outlook:
You can expect the effects of your fat transfer to last for years. Initially, you may need more than one procedure to achieve the exacting results you’re after. For some patients, it can take up to six months to see the final results. This will likely depend on how your body heals; some people recover faster than others.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Fat Transfer to Buttocks?
During your initial consultation with Dr. Smith, you’ll be able to determine if this procedure is right for you. You will probably get the green light from the doctor if you:
- Have ample fat for grafting
- Are at a healthy weight
- Lost your natural shape due to age or weight fluctuations
- Live a relatively healthy lifestyle
- Exercise regularly
- Haven’t had any recent infections or complications related to surgery
When will I see final results from the procedure?
Your results will be final when all residual swelling has subsided, and you are fully healed from the surgery. This typically takes three to six months. Your curvier buttocks and improved lower body proportions will become more apparent as the swelling diminishes. You will, however, see a very nice change within a few weeks of the procedure.
How long will my results last?
Brazilian butt lift results are meant to be long-lasting. The fat cells that were removed from the abdomen, hips, lower back, or thighs with liposuction are gone for good and will no longer store fat in these donor areas. The fat cells that survive transfer to the buttocks will remain and continue functioning as living fat cells for years to come. However, weight fluctuations can still affect your results. To continue looking your best, it is important to maintain a stable weight after the Brazilian butt lift.